Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Might As Well Face It, I'm Addicted to Car

Well, at least insofar as my commute goes. I went without a car for 25 years and was fine, and yes, there have been a couple good things about the public transit commute to which I've had to reaccustom myself - once I'm on the train or bus I don't have to be all that alert except to make my connections, and I've rifled through about a year's worth of AAA mags and almost caught up on Entertainment Weekly - and I'm also mindful of the harm that cars do to the environment. However, all in all I tend to prefer a 25-minute commute to and from work (and an extra 1½ hours sleep in the morning) to one that takes between one and two hours depending on the route. And it's nice to be able to food-shop whenever I want to. And geez, my back hurts already. Anyway, this was all a roundabout way of saying that I'm getting my car back on Thursday morning!! Yay! And they're throwing in my quarterly oil change/safety check for free!

0 comments: