Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hacktacular

Personally, I blame the buffalo wings.

My BP and pulse readings have been so good (my doctor was very pleased yesterday with how well the meds are regulating me) I figured I could risk a meal with a bit more sodium, so I treated myself last night. And naturally, had weird dreams.

I was single again (or perhaps had always been) and roaming the world meeting interesting geeks in places like Tokyo Disneyland and the secret bunker underneath the Eiffel Tower. So it turned out the geek in France was my boyfriend, a real computer whiz whom I can't describe physically because I don't remember (dreams are like that) but who did government work (hence the bunker thing) and kissed like he'd never dated before. But he was my boyfriend, and we were apparently close enough emotionally for physical intimacy. Not that it occurred, it was just a promise on my part if Boyfriend set up a laptop for me under the Tower so I could blog whilst he was taking care of some international emergency or other.

So he did, and I logged onto Blogger to post an explanation to Pen-Elayne readers as to why I'd suddenly disappeared from the face of the 'net and abandoned my daily Silly Site posting and so forth. And I found this site hopelessly hacked - suddenly laid out like a bad tabloid, with page after page of badly-written articles by teenagers talking about their social lives and making fun of me. And Boyfriend saw how upset I was - this is what happened, I reasoned, because I wasn't vigilant and strayed from my blog! - and promised me he'd hack the hackers in return, and I was busy deleting post after post and denying permissions and such, and I woke up.

Okay readers, have at it - what does this dream mean? That I need more time away from blogging? That I need to devote more time to blogging? That I'm too involved in political posting and not involved enough in geeky comic-book type posting? (I mean, it still bothers me when comic book bloggers don't consider me one of them, but how often do I really talk comics any more?) Or that I should stay away from the buffalo wings before bed?

0 comments: