Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 01, 2005

October Nutmeg

Now that autumn has arrived, I'm in house-care mode. One room remains that still needs organizing - Robin's studio. Trouble is, the Ikea bits he wanted for it have been out of stock at the more local NJ outlets. However, according to their website those items are in stock up in New Haven, which happens to be open on Sundays. So tomorrow I'll be venturing across the NY/CT border for the first time (not counting an Amtrak journey between NY and Boston, where we didn't actually set foot in the state) since I was married to CT-native Steve. We've just mapped out our journey, which I fully intend to be just as much fun as the destination, and I'm looking forward to our first day-trip in quite awhile - even more so now that they seem like such a welcoming place...

0 comments: