Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, July 18, 2005

Silly Site o' the Day

I've often said that one of the best things about my present job is the commute. While I feel guilty about driving a car and probably always will (I spent almost 25 years getting by perfectly well 99% of the time using NYC public transit), the present Westchester County location of our offices means a half-hour drive door-to-door on roads not heavily travelled by most commuters, as opposed to an hour and a half to two hours by bus and/or train. I did the bus/train thing this morning, though, as I'll be meeting Robin in Manhattan after work and I Do Not Drive Into Manhattan. While the afternoon sojourn will be fine as it's only 25 minutes into Grand Central, the morning's a bit trickier as it involves a 10-minute walk to the local bus, then a half hour on said bus to the Fordham Metro-North station, then waiting time for the train which timing I always screw up, and today was no different. I got a much earlier bus than I needed and wound up waiting on the train platform in the mugginess for almost half an hour. No, I do not for one minute take my nice air-conditioned automobile for granted! Maybe if I had my FedEx clock with me (via Hanan Levin) things would have been differ-- nah, who'm I kidding?...

0 comments: