Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, February 18, 2005

Ain't Technology Wonderful?

Blogger's been spotty at best for most of this week, as folks know. No big deal for me, I'm not paying a cent to blog and I have no illusions that the world somehow cannot get along without my online presence, but a minor frustration just the same. My home computer's been having problem restarting as well, so once it's up again I'm just leaving it up. I got into work today to find one of our trunk lines ringing incessantly (with nobody on the other end) and our internet down. Took an hour for things to get back up. I'm old enough to recall adult life without computers, and maybe I'm just misremembering nostalgically but it really does seem to me that we were able to get along just fine before the "paperless society." Okay, all small stuff, easy workarounds or just patience does the trick in most of these cases, but still, enough little itches and soon you have a real rash. On the other hand, all of this pales beside what nature can dish out, and it just started snowing sideways (i.e., snow + wind). Have I mentioned I'm looking forward to the upcoming 3-day weekend?

0 comments: