Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Brief LC Blogaround

Just until Robin wakes up and I have to go out to the post office by our new address and find out exactly what it is (opinions differ) and pick up a change-of-address kit, then off to do other new-apartment-related errands for much of the afternoon to escape the inevitable open-house noises upstairs (only a few more weekends of putting up with that, yay!). I think this week I'll concentrate (in reverse alphabetical order by first name or handle) on the Liberal Coalition members who don't have properly working RSS feeds 'cause I skipped them last time and there are fewer of them:

  • Wanda at Words On A Page, who doesn't have permalinks either, notes that George W. Bush's daughters don't share their father's politics, although they do share his penchant for partying. I actually find it weirder that "Second Daughter" Mary Cheney shares her father's politics.

  • T. Rex's scorecards are always great. This week he asks "Where are they now?"

  • Mike Stabile at Left is Right recommends Noam Chomsky's new blog, which I'd put on my sidebar but, I dunno, it seems pretty disjointed so far, and I'm given to understand that although they're Chomsky's words he's not really sitting there blogging them himself, they're just essays taken from elsewhere (a message board, I think). Mike also brings news that Jeb Bush may be eyeing a presidential run in 2008. Lastly, I've bookmarked Mike's "Friday Fun" archives for future Silly Site reference. Why the Atom RSS feed works for Friday Fun and not for Left is Right is anyone's guess, but then I can't figure out why, when I click on an individual entry/item on many Blogspot blogs - including mine - Bloglines doesn't take me to that entry but to the first site linked to... my guess is it's probably a short-term Blogger problem...

  • Keith Kisser at The Invisible Library reiterates the news going around the blogosphere about China banning blogs. But nobody seems to be reporting this correctly. From what I've been able to ascertain, the hosting services that were shut down are apparently local ones, Blogbus.com and blogcn.com, (both load for me), not TypePad or Blogger or any of the familiar names we know here.

    [Update: So far as I know, Yan's information about the TypePad/Blogger ban has still not been reported by any non-blog news sources and, while I regret using the words "possible misinformation" to describe her dissemination of hearsay, I've also asked her to provide me with corroborating URLs. So far she's only told me about another weblog that mentions the supposed Typepad ban. I await actual news site confirmation, as with the Blogbus and blogcn situation.]

  • Bryant Gries of Make me a Commentator! does another nice LC mini-blogaround, and still has the fortitude to read David Limbaugh.

    That's it; off to read the LC blogs that are feeding to me correctly (thanks, Maru and MercuryX23 and Tony!). Might add to this brief blogaround if something there strikes my fancy...
  • 0 comments: