Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Well Traveled?

Looks like it's JPG day here on Pen-Elayne! This one's been making the rounds; I first saw the world map on Neil's blog and I spotted the state one on Wanda's and Brooke's, among others. Here are the US states I remember visiting. A few are only plane layovers, but that makes up for the states I don't recall seeing during my parents' cross-country trip in 1958 'cause I was only 1 year old:


Here's the world map:


Only six countries (look how tiny Israel is, just a little dot compared to Rumania), including the three attached ones in this hemisphere. So yeah, I'm afraid I'm not that much of a world traveler yet.

Update: Found a UK county map via this site; here are the counties (in yellow) that I remember visiting:
County map
Which counties have you visited?

made by marnanel
map reproduced from Ordnance Survey map data
by permission of the Ordnance Survey.
© Crown copyright 2001.

And via Arthur Hlavaty, naturally someone had to come along and parody all these "where have you visited?" sites with a Visited Planets map: