Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking

Finally going through some of my Kultcha blogs, I noticed that Laura Gjovaag did real-time reviews of the Super Bowl ads. What fortitude! Great stuff, and I pretty much agree with all her rankings (especially the observation on the constant "beer makes you stupid" message!) except I'd grade the farting horse a lot lower. The Dodge "monkey on back" ad was weird for me because in my day the expression "monkey on your back" was pretty much solely used to describe drug addiction. And I wish Expedia would stop making ads that show husbands selfishly booking vacation activities for their wives based on their own fears of what might happen if the wives enjoy themselves too much. Do men really book more online vacations than women? P.S. Laura's feeling very achy so wish her a healthy recovery. It's weird, I think Robin and I have also been experiencing variations on the muscle pain she describes, and we're not the only ones. Rob says his mum used to refer to this lingering muscle pain (which sometimes moves about to different body parts each day) as "dead bugs" that take awhile to get out of one's system after a flu-like illness. I wonder if it's related to reactive arthritis or Reiter's syndrome. (Geez, I should know better than to read that whole page, I'm such a hypochondriac as it is!) Anyone else out there experiencing these sorts of symptoms?

0 comments: