Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Anatomy of a Sketch

I may have mentioned in my report on last year's Mid-Ohio Con that I'd asked our friend Alan Davis to do an Aquaman sketch for Laura Gjovaag in thanks for her guest-blogging for me at that time, in order to keep daily content on Pen-Elayne. As it turned out, while I contributed my $20 to the ADA as payment for the sketch, Alan didn't have time to do it at the con, and opted to pencil it in his hotel room after we were all back in New York. He presented it to me a few days later when he and Heather met us for our anniversary dinner. What with the waves of on-and-off illnesses that have dogged us all ever since, Robin didn't finish inking it until January, and I wasn't able to schlep to a post office until a few weeks ago (too late even for Laura's birthday!). But the package finally got into her hands, and Laura has now posted that sketch on her blog.

0 comments: