Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, August 29, 2003

Cardboard Cowboys of a New Frontier

I love the randomizer aspect of Robin's CD changer. Phil Ochs' The War Is Over just finished playing. Very timely, even today. Check out the lyrics and other info about it. And now a brilliant piece of Peter Sellers obfuscation, Party Political Speech, just started. It's basically a speech where nothing is actually said, and I wish I could find the transcription of it somewhere online... Yes, I'm home for the 3-day weekend, I've taken my iron supplement in the form of a tall cold pint of Guinness, I get to watch Robin work whilst listening to astoundingly prescient stuff on the CD changer and, despite the sporadic noise emanating from young Christian's room upstairs, life's pretty good at the moment... Okay, this is seriously weird, another Ochs tune just came on...

0 comments: