Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Secretariat

Today, as I mentioned about a month ago, is Secretaries Day. This is what I do for a living, although I've found one can net slightly more income by calling it "Adminstrative Assistant" or "Executive Associate" or whatever than one can by calling it what it is, lots of typing and occasional shitwork. Still, office staffers don't make nearly as much money as their bosses, so if you're inclined to get me a little sumpin-sumpin for Secretaries Day (and by God, this is not a solicitation, I'm just playin' about) feel free to use the PayPal tip jar or peruse my Amazon wish list; both are found on my sidebar. As of this writing I don't think my coworkers are aware of this blog (or, you know, very much outside their own little cocoons) so it's not like anyone else is going to do anything for me. Yes, nothing like facing a possible 11-hour workday to make one feel really good about being a secretary.

0 comments: