Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Personal Appearance Alert

Yeah, like I'm famous or something. Blogs are the ultimate fulfillment of Andy Warhol's prophecy in microcosm, aren't they? (Hang on, did I use that word right? "I do not think it means what you think it means." Heh, yeah, we watched The Princess Bride again last night.) At least until the next big-small thing. In any case, this coming weekend Robin and I will be attending the National Comic Book, Art, Toy and Sci-Fi Expo in the Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street. The website has the hours and other info. I'm slated to work the Friends of Lulu-NY booth from 12-2 PM on Saturday and 2-3 PM on Sunday, whilst Robin will be on the NYC Comic Book Museum's panel on "The Art of 9-11" at 3 PM on Sunday, in addition to hanging with the NYCCBM crowd the evening before at the first annual "Golden Panel Awards." Come on out and say hi, Robin colored my hair and everything! Sarah Dyer, who unlike me actually does interesting things besides her journal (see link at left), is also scheduled to be at this convention. And Alan Davis fans can get an extra treat, as Robin will have copies of finished pages with him from the two jobs he's just inked over Alan. Maybe we'll all hit Monster Sushi afterwards...

0 comments: