A bit hard to breathe this morning, but Robin swore to me that his weather apps indicated no rain in the forecast despite a flood watch in effect, so off I went without my raincoat. A bit of drizzle greeted me as I exited the local bus near my firm's office, but aside from having breathing difficulty I saw no real signs of rain. At lunchtime I noticed the ground at Manhattan West plaza was pretty wet, but I figured maybe I could still get away with dancing between the raindrops on the homeward commute. Alas, it was not to be, as I got caught in quite the deluge on 9th Avenue crossing to the Moynihan train hall and decided to stay underground until I got to my homeward-bound subway. By the time we hit the Bronx the rain had stopped, so it wasn't really that bad, but it started again when I was on the local bus so Robin met me at the terminus with my rain jacket. My feet are in a lot of pain right now so I've ruled out the socks I've been wearing and am once again assuming it's the new sneakers, and will put on my "old" pair again to shop on Saturday. This too shall pass!
Thursday, August 27, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment