I didn't have very high hopes for the latest place I visited bright and early this morning to get my inspection done, but this one turned out to be a winner. In the time it took us to buy new windshield wiper fluid and a drink in the adjoining convenience store, the inspection was all done! And I was back home in plenty of time to log on to work. With my car worries allayed, I decided to finally book our train tickets to Philly, and that went smoothly as well. Lastly, even though I was kind of beat by the end of the day, I decided to make a stir-fry and use a couple things for the first time: a cast-iron pan to get the tofu nice and crispy, a wonderful sugar-free teriyaki sauce, and mixing corn starch with rice vinegar to thicken the sauce. Two of those three things worked well. Next time I mix the corn starch with the sugar-free sauce. Now I have leftovers and our fridge is much easier to get into with all those veggies being used up (two kinds of oyster mushroom, a bunch of scallions, lots of baby bok choy, half a mandolined daikon). All in all a great day for accomplishing things. Back to Manhattan tomorrow!
Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment