Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Let the Stormy Clouds Chase

Robin was kind enough to pack my corporate-labeled rain jacket into my backpack this morning but, as it turned out, despite the sky darkening and thunder rumbling mid-afternoon, I didn't need it at all for my commute in either direction. I must have danced between the raindrops, as every above-ground surface showed signs of it Having Rained Heavily, but even though I cut out a tad early to avoid any tornadic activity (hey, there were warnings) I encountered exactly zero problems. Well, except for two different straphangers banging into my knee on their way out the subway doors. I can deal with subways, but just barely. Work was a lot easier to deal with, even did a bit of self-study when my normal workload was wrapped up. With so many partners involved in inspections (met with four of them today) or out of town, I can hurry up and wait all I want but requests don't necessarily appear. Not a complaint, this is what summer should be about. Still, I'm about pooped now, the Mets certainly aren't keeping me awake, and the week isn't half over yet...

0 comments: