Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, October 21, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

As you might imagine, I got very little sleep last night after being awakened by the news about Mom. Fortunately things have now settled back to whatever the new normal is, she's back at the rehab center, and my brother made his flight after all to the land of northern lights. I let my folks know I'd be out tomorrow as originally planned, and made it through the workday with about an hour or so of dozing in the recliner in between tasks. All is about as in readiness as it can be for tomorrow's journey. And I really am looking forward to driving in the beautiful foliage, if nothing else. But other than that I'm ill prepared for Hallowe'en; I don't even have my jet pack costume ready yet! Also, I don't think the weather got the memo, as it reached near 80 degrees today and is slated to be even warmer tomorrow...

0 comments: