Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, August 03, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

The corn plaster I applied to the side of my hallux where some skin peeled off a couple days ago (causing much discomfort) has worked like a charm, even though as a diabetic I'm not supposed to wear it.  So I got some moleskin padding when we were in the pharmacy picking up Robin's prescriptions, and that seems an acceptable substitute, as the pain is receding nicely. My big weekend project was cleaning out our larder. I now have a bunch of unused canned goods and sundries to donate to the local Friendly Fridge after my car presumably passes inspection on Wednesday, and all the storage stuff (from paper shopping bags to containers) is now in the back or up top for the rare occasions I need to use it. Aside from that, it was too hot and humid after we returned from shopping to do anything other than watching the Olympics and the Liverpool/Man U exhibition game from SC and, of course, baseball (I love how much I get done having sports on in the background). Team GB did so well that I feel I should pass along the origin of every English city's name:

 Via Laughing Squid.


0 comments: