Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

My recently-read comics are out of the house! Robin took them down this morning before the weather got too oppressive, and I drove them down to my south Riverdale neighbor (whose son adores them) at the height of the heat around 4 PM. Couldn't be helped, that's when she was home. And it's so worth it, particularly when I discovered that, after they look through them, they pass the comics and graphic novels on to women and children at local homeless shelters. Everyone pays it forward, and comics get passed around like they should be! Does my heart tons of good. Of course, I needed to seriously hydrate after getting home, and sitting in the living room (even with the blinds down and curtains drawn) for far too long watching the Paralympics opening ceremony (a resounding "meh") probably didn't do me much good either. I also ate something of a light lunch, unlike Donald Duck:

Via just about everywhere, but I finally got the link via Mark Evanier.


0 comments: