Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Given the state of the blister/corn on the side of my left hallux, I didn't want to overdo things today, so the plan was to take an express then a local bus to Chinatown, eat at Nom Wah Tea Parlor, and head right back home. Mission accomplished! It was a lovely day, and the trip was marred only by a couple buses not being air conditioned (which would have been unbearable had the weather been hot) and by my discovery that Nom Wah only takes cash or American Express. Had I known that before setting out I would have stopped at the branch of my bank right on the corner of Canal and Bowery. And alas, the trolleys with the dim sum selections are no more, they give you a menu and a piece of paper and you mark down what you'd like, which isn't nearly as much interactive fun. But the food was terrific, probably a lot tastier than salamagundy, and I was back home and resting by 3 PM, which was important as tomorrow's a Manhattan-office day.

0 comments: