Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Another wonderful day off, as I slept a lot, watched some Olympic football and rugby (starting before the opening ceremonies because there's group/pool play and these things Take Time), played online games, made a humongous bean salad (took three large storage containers to chill in the fridge), and worked on my knee a bit so I'm going to bed with it feeling a little better in the hopes I don't have to brace it tomorrow. I also wallowed in a bit of nostalgia watching this, particularly during the baseball game as the Mets were winning against the Yankees. I even looked in vain for my 7-year-old self in the crowd scenes, fancying that maybe the footage was taken on the same day I was there.

Via Laughing Squid. How did I not remember that traffic lights in NYC used to be only two colors?


0 comments: