Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, May 05, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

The weather turned damp and nasty, but I was determined to go out, provided I could park near my chosen restaurant. So after a slight morning nap during the Liverpool game (they won, yay!) I dragged Robin out in the dankness and we lucked out in finding a parking spot half a block away from our destination, a chicken and ribs place we used to frequent but haven't so much in recent days because Reasons. It was good catching up with the proprietor, who missed us a lot, but in all honesty her food isn't what it was so this may be a Restaurant Week-only visit. However, it's supporting the community and drumming up more local business that counts, and my Facebook posts in the local Riverdale group seem to have helped a lot in that regard. We even got a plate of salsa and chips to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I just wish I'd been hungry enough to eat them all. As it was, I could barely manage my potato butts. Tomorrow should be a bit nicer weather-wise, so we'll see what happens.

0 comments: