Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Yesterday was dank and rainy, but today was downright unpleasant, as the rain increased and the wind started kicking up. Of the five partners I support who happened to be in Florida, only one made it home today, and I presume the others have all rebooked and I probably won't see them until next week (as I doubt they'll want to come straight to the office tomorrow from the airport). Just, just ick. Took about a half hour for my homeward bound bus to arrive as well, amidst at least a half dozen emergency vehicles trying to travel up Third Avenue in standstill traffic and sounding their sirens and alarums at a dangerous decibel rate (at least according to my Apple Watch), and it was a less than pleasant trip but I made it home before 7:30 and have since wrung myself out. It's been a series of altered moments for me today.

0 comments: