Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

The car is fine, I have to keep telling myself this. All went swimmingly well with our shopping trip, which was over and done with well before noon, and good thing too, because the landlord came 'round with some arborists who proceeded to celebrate Earth Day by chopping a large branch off a tree I've enjoyed looking at from my home office, creating more sunlight over an area nobody uses and more noise (and less privacy) from the Yonkers back yards which the trees used to dampen. I swear, every time we move somewhere lovely the trees gradually get cut down. The area nobody uses had two lovely trees that were chopped for no good reason a few years back, so henceforth when I gaze out the office window I'll see harsh sunlight and no green. Speaking of which, because of the disruption it was right around 4 PM when I finally got to celebrate 4/20. I refrained from trying to sell mirrors, because I fear my eyes are a bit red.

0 comments: