Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, March 03, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

If yesterday was about sloth, today was about gluttony. Dare I hope for lust tomorrow? Anyway, I read that the Cousins Lobster truck was in town, so I hopped a bus down about a mile and grabbed myself a very tasty Maine lobster roll (cold with mayo and lemon) and "lobster tots" (just lobster over tater tots, I finished off the lobster portion and Robin had most of the tots). Then I made myself a very tasty tomato, onion, and arugula salad with chopped anchovies, olives, avocado oil and balsamic vinegar, and let it cool in the fridge because it's been awhile since I've had one of those cold rather than at room temperature. And now I'm showered and feeling a good deal cleaner and calmer than I have in the last few days, and I'm ready to face the work week and the long drive to and from NJ on Wednesday. I'm getting the hang of not over-buying for the fridge now that I'm back to work 2-3 days a week, so I'm not even sure I need the Still Tasty guide (via BoingBoing).

0 comments: