Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

I have achieved hat! My newsboy cap, which has been on far more adventures than I have in the last decade-plus, went walkabout on the express bus a week ago, and I haven't been on that particular bus with that driver (whom I know from The Before Times) until this evening. Turns out he knew the hat was mine and kept it in his bag waiting for my return! I did my happy dance again; I knew there was a non-zero chance of it returning but honestly thought it was gone forever, again. Someday when I go back to fiction writing (I keep telling myself) I'll write my Grand Adventures of the Tan Newsboy Cap, but this is not that day. For now I'm just happy. Happier than Jimmy Kimmel in Barbieland getting ready for the Oscars.

0 comments: