Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, February 06, 2023

Sillly Site o' the Day

A pretty good day, if you can call anything involving three separate medical things (a doctor visit, an anti-pneumonia shot, and a bone density test) good. I got all three done by 11:30 and walked over to the pretty empty office (such is the case nowadays on Mondays and Fridays) to have lunch with one of my partners who's there every day because she lives nearby. As much as I love Robin, it was really nice socializing in person with someone else for a change. And she treated me to a sushi lunch in a place I love which was pretty empty, so I didn't feel unsafe at any time (and I was pretty much masked except for eating). The only thing better would be having a permament desk again so I could show off one of these mugs, but in truth I have a pretty sweet home setup and I get so much more done now! I got home around 2 and Robin and I ran out to get enough milk to last us until the weekend. By the time we returned I was seriously wiped, and I've been kind of somnambulant ever since. But my diabetes is well controlled, my arm doesn't hurt all that much where it was jabbed, and I'll find out how dense my bones are in a couple of days, so that's all done.

0 comments: