Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

In retrospect maybe I picked the wrong week for my dental appointment, but I wanted to use up my allotment for 2022 and I'd rather just go into the city and back home than feel weird about deciding whether to work in the office, particularly with the rising COVID numbers. Still, I could have wished for the temps to at least have reached freezing this morning. I got in early, did a bit of banking, walked down Fifth Avenue and took some holiday photos, then was able to sit in the waiting room for a half hour before my cleaning and check-up (all thumbs up). It was afterwards that did me in. I had vague plans of meeting coworker in from out of town, but she and her husband were all the way over at Hudson Yards and one of their dogs wasn't feeling well, so that left me free to either go straight home or see the tree at Rockefeller Center then walk back up to the express bus stop. I chose the unwise path and braved the horrid and unmasked Rock Center crowds, but at least I got a few more lovely photos. I was home by noon, pretty much wiped, and I've been that way ever since. Whatever low-level illness Robin and I are going through has sapped so much energy, all I feel like doing this week is sleeping. Fortunately, give or take a shopping trip tomorrow after my physical therapy, and possible sick calls to relatives in Rockland, I have no other plans for the rest of this week. I barely have the energy to go through my fake Bible quote generator...

0 comments: