Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

A very good day indeed. The weather was absolutely perfect for our trip down to see Mom and take her to a medical appointment, and we returned in plenty of time to miss the crowds flowing over the GWB to see the Yankees lose (at this point I'm just speculating but really) and to get ready for the return of Alton Brown and Elizabeth Ingram's Quarantine Quitchen! So, so happy. I've missed QQ so much, I used to actually structure my viewing week around it! I wasn't sure it would ever return, now that (as they mention) nobody seems to be quarantining, and (surprise surprise!) they traveled a lot and have both had COVID now. I mean, I'm sitting there listening to AB say "don't let people tell you it's just the flu, it was 10 days that felt like death" and all I could think of was, you're traveling why? I swear it's just me, if you take proper precautions and don't go places unmasked you greatly reduce your chances of going through this hell! Even one of the receptionists at the medical complex where we took Mom was sitting there unmasked and COUGHING. Ugh! I'm constantly switching between being furious at these folks for needlessly prolonging this plague and wanting to join them in traveling again and then getting whiplash from FOMO (Fear Of Microscopic Organisms) due to my underlying conditions. This is apparently my "new normal" and it's less than optimal. Wait a minute, I started this by saying it was a good day! Maybe I just need to listen to an album by mood (via BoingBoing). Nope, that won't work either, there's no way to characterize this mood...

0 comments: