Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

Seeing as how my stomach is now churning, perhaps I should have rested a bit more today, but I found myself wanting activity. So after a lovely English breakfast this morning I decided to de-grease around our oven area and did the regular dishes, then I finally roasted the rest of the root vegetables before they were unusable (necessitating a second washing-up later for the large pans), and we went for a walk around a couple blocks when the sun peeked out for about ten minutes, then I sorted and filed the new comics from the last couple weeks and am finally lying down reading them, and I've sorted out the shopping list for the things I can only get at the local specialty grocery store, my errand tomorrow morning when Robin's doing the laundry. I know my immunity hasn't built up yet and I'm still masking up and keeping my distance (the shopping will be at like 6:45 AM), but I'm starting to gain confidence now that I've had the first shot and can actually imagine what life will be like come April. And hey, tomorrow's the first televised pre-season baseball game, so spring can't be far behind. Let's celebrate early with some real-life Easter eggs...

0 comments: