Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, January 09, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

Had he lived, today would have been my dad's 90th birthday. It's hard not to numb myself to death lately with so much of it going on around me. I'm just staying inside as much as possible, the only exceptions being medical appointments and early-morning grocery shopping, and I'm trying to keep busy any way I can to stave off grief and helplessness. Having Robin (and Zed) helps tremendously, of course, as does list-making. Today I finished inventorying our alcohol supplies, doubtless including bottles I inherited from Dad, so that made me feel a closer connection to him today even though Robin and I aren't big drinkers. But of course when I think of alcohol I think of Ryan Reynolds:

Not even sure he still owns Aviation but this is adorable anyway.

0 comments: