Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

My recovering knee and the rest of me ventured out to a dental office in Scarsdale today (since I'm not going back to Manhattan in a pandemic and likely not even after, as we're all now "field admins" working from home for the rest of our careers at the firm) to have the take a look at one of my back teeth (I think it's #2, a molar) which cracked due to having no real structure years after I had a root canal done on it. Naturally I'm going to need a crown; naturally since US healthcare is so screwed up I have to wait 6-8 weeks for my insurance company to pre-approve me. So I'm going back there during our firm's shutdown week between Christmas and New Year's Day to get fitted, then back a couple weeks after that to have the crown actually installed. But hey, I got out of the house and my knee felt fine and it was a nice day for an open-car-window drive and it was super-weird to be in front of medical strangers without a mask. The tooth area doesn't hurt at all, of course, but my jaw is hella sore after the novocaine and all that poking about. But it's done now, as is my year-end review with my supervisor (all good marks), so let's move on to some signs of the times.

0 comments: