Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, September 11, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

So once again we find ourselves in the midst of a national tragedy due primarily to an incompetent Republican administration, and I'm at a loss as to why so many people keep voting against their best interests and in favor of death - of themselves, their loved ones, their democracy, their souls. But enough about 9-11, a day when I mostly reflect on how much I miss Leah since it would have been her birthday. My knee was well enough that I not only took the trash down (recall, that's 56 stairs in total, two levels of 14 steps each times one downward trip and one upward one) but I was able to take an actual walk for a little over a kilometer around the neighborhood after my very packed workday. Which I really needed to do since the basement neighbors decided 5 PM was the perfect time to set up the basketball hoop and make lots of noise right underneath our computer room, so that last half hour of work was pretty brutal. In any case, I'm now able to walk, albeit with twinges here and there, so food shopping tomorrow should be a bit easier. And of course now that it's no longer brutally hot there are more people about, and I'm a bit perturbed that they're not all masked up. Might as well run these funny COVID-related church signs. Stay safe out there!

1 comments:

Dwight Williams said...

Glad to know that your knee's improving, Elayne.

Missing Leah here too.