Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Silly Site o' the Day

Another wonderful weekend day, as Robin and I ventured into the city to see Jim Steinman's Bat out of Hell off-Broadway production. He's been waiting for two years, and apparently was not disappointed. I thought the cast was superb, particularly vocally, I could take or leave the almost nonexistent book, and Steinman's music has an overwrought sameness (both melodically and thematically - boy, girl, sex) about it that has never quite endeared me to him as much as it has Robin, but I enjoyed it well enough. We got back to the bus stop (after a lovely sushi dinner) about two minutes after a bus had just departed, so we had to wait another hour for the next one, but the weather was so pleasant we hardly minded. Very glad the theatre had an elevator, I wouldn't want to deal with stairs.

0 comments: