Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Silly Site o' the Day

I could feel my body relaxing today, the second day in a row where I actually slept past 7 AM. So we went shopping around 9:30 or so, then went out again at noontime to take a short bus ride into Inwood, climb the footpaths in Fort Tryon Park, and visit the Cloisters museum, where I haven't been in too long. The weather and view were spectacular, I feel like I got lots of walking in (thank goodness I brought my walking stick, and I even packed my plantar brace but didn't need it) and I'm sure it did me good despite a somewhat itchy arm. After all, it's nature, I can't expect not to have allergic reactions to it! Unfortunately there weren't any medieval manuscripts, or I would have looked for the snail cosmology.

0 comments: