Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, October 19, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

Aaaaand I'm outta there! Off for a week, originally to head on down to PA but now free to do whatever I please, including getting together with family and chasing foliage. But boy, was it a chore getting out of Manhattan this evening. Robin came in to help carry my laptop home (don't plan on using it until next Sunday night to clear out my email, but didn't want it locked up at my workstation for a week) and carry the comics, but we couldn't seem to find a decent place for dinner. We probably should have opted for Smith & Wollensky but by the time we got to the bus stop across the street we were so wiped and uncomfortable that we decided to wait, and wait, and wait. Almost 45 minutes until, naturally, two buses showed up together. We took the one less traveled, that made something of a difference, we're home and I'm beginning to seriously relax. Except, of course, that Hallowe'en seems to be right around the corner, at least for Simon's Cat:



And of course it would be nice if our heat were turned on sometime soon.

0 comments: