Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

As I suspected, I had a very hard time waking up today, but I was ready to hit the road at noon, venture into Manhattan (15 minutes to get to the 95th St. exit off the West Side Highway, a half an hour to get across town to pick up my friend) and head out to NJ for a periodic Girls' Day out with two former coworkers. Everything seemed to be a half hour later than planned, which meant when W and I hit the GWB on the way back it took us 45 minutes to get through all the merges to even make it onto the bridge. And Manhattan was once again a bit of a nightmare, made worse by the fact that night driving is really not my thing. But everyone made it home safely and next time we're just glad K will be coming into Manhattan and W and I can take public transit once more. Whatever our differences, W and K and I do share a love for music, so in honor of our day out here are some more awkward album covers.

0 comments: