Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

After yesterday's foot and knee struggles I was kind of dreading getting up, but no pain this morning! I was out of the house around 9 to take the car in and solve the Mystery of the Squeaky Engine, which turned out to be that I needed a couple drive belts. Alas, that meant (between waiting for the belts to be delivered, then redelivered when one of them turned out to be the wrong one) killing almost three hours at the auto place, but it was worth it to have my baby purring like a Zed and handling better than it has in months. We did our shopping in the rain (fortunately it didn't start pouring until we returned) and I got me some oatmeal as that's been my breakfast at work for the past week and does seem to be helping me in terms of glycemic maintenance and other things. Then we watched the online feed of last night's Olympics opening ceremony with "natural sound," so much better without the NBC commentary we had to sit through last night! Now there's figure skating (well, ice dancing), so I'm looking forward to seeing the fun grimaces. Back to the TV!

0 comments: