Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

This was one of the weirdest days I've had in awhile. I felt... off all day. Woke from a nightmare, and just couldn't recover my equilibrium. So I cancelled a non-essential doctor's appointment, Rob and I got our shopping errands done, and then we were off to the wilds of Jersey for the first college reunion I've ever attended. This was mostly folks from my fraternity, Alpha Phi Omage, plus some spouses and friends. I remembered a few of them, some looked just like the did in my memory (and apparently that feeling was mutual), and I like to think I made a better impression as an almost-60-year-old than I did as an awkward college kid with no discernable social skills. One frat brother asked me if I were still writing, which made me happy because, well, see here! We didn't stay more than a couple hours as that part of NJ doesn't believe in street lights on their highways and I dislike driving in the dark in unfamiliar areas. I think we'll stay for dinner next year and perhaps crash at my brother's place around 15 minutes away. Overall I'm pretty sure I had fun, so it had a happy ending, much like this graffiti fairy tale.

0 comments: