Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

What a perfect day! My big toe had been bothering me last night so I showered this morning instead, then slept for another hour or so, then Robin and I visited Mom. Terrific driving weather, windows open all the way on the highways, leaves just starting to turn. Mom looked great and we even took a short walk together (no canes for either of us!) in the lovely Jersey shore weather. Robin and I enjoyed ourselves so much that we decided to drive all the way up the Garden State Parkway into Rockland County to take the scenic route home, and were rewarded with actual foliage. The new Cuomo Bridge isn't as spectacular at twilight as I'd hoped (parts of it are still under construction so maybe spectacle will come later) but the lanes are well lit and that's all I cared about. My toe pain is easing now, and it looks like the Yankees are out of the World Series picture so I can finally catch up on my DVR (and not worry about homeward-bound traffic next week). Best of all, I've now learned what your fingerprints say about you.

0 comments: