Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, July 07, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

So I've had better days. I woke at 2:30 AM and was unable to get back to sleep, but work went okay and I was able to leave around 3:30 and get back around the time I would have anyway had I left a half hour earlier, thanks to light northbound traffic. Still, I had trouble keeping my eyes open and hit the sack around 5 or so... and was then jolted awake a little after 7 by the worst calf cramp I've had in my life. It seemed to last forever, nothing I did helped ease it, then it finally let up enough for Robin to flex the leg. So I thought I was in the clear but Robin let go and it started all over again, same minute-plus duration, pain even worse. I'd had no warning, no indication, my legs have been fine all day and I was almost sprinting around the office I felt so good... now, 3+ hours after the cramp, my right calf is still sore and I'm very shaky as though I've been through a major trauma (which I guess I have). I managed dinner then a shower, which I hope will help, and I'm going to slather on more epsom salt rub, but at this point I think shopping is going to wait until Sunday. I dread waking up again with another cramp, but I really can't stay awake much longer. Meanwhile, in France everything's coming up baguettes...

0 comments: