Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, June 30, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

I couldn't have picked a better day to volunteer as the admin anchor for our division when everyone else left early for the upcoming 4-day weekend. I mean, KPMG has given us Monday off, and I had a mess of expense reports to finish up anyway, plus Dellin Betances' brother (did I mention I sometimes support the brother of the Yankees star reliever?) had lots of last-minute stuff he needed prior to taking off on his vacation, which all kept me hopping until at least 5 PM. Besides, icky hot sweaty outside, would much rather be in a comfy air-conditioned office. Homeward commute was a bear again, though - I think the situation at Penn Station has contributed mightily to that congestion - but knowing I don't have to deal with the express bus for four days, and the drivers are all different when I go back to work, helped a lot. Now I have to remember how to relax! And July will definitely be a relaxing month, between the upcoming holiday and me taking some vacation time the week after. You know who else needs a holiday? Simon's Cat:



Now I'm off to play with Zed, of course.

0 comments: