Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

I was up around 3 AM, having gone to bed a bit earlier in the hopes of inducing some sort of calf relaxation to improve my mobility, and found that I could move about the house without the cane, so that was good news. I took some time before getting dressed and going out with Robin (right heel encased in neoprene) for our weekly chores, and it helped that I leant on the shopping cart for the grocery portion and let him take care of the other stuff while I waited in the car. I was unsteady on my feet in the supermarket, but the mobility improved throughout the remainder of the day thanks to bedrest and easy stretching (mostly foot flexing in bed with the leg straight). The only remaining pain, besides the occasional stabbing in the toes, is a strain in the left arch, so that's quite an improvement. Now I can actually concentrate on things again, like posting silly sites such as GifGif (explanation at io9). Enjoy!

0 comments: