Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, April 24, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

Wow, that was strange. I wasn't looking forward to work today, as I'd had much frustration on Friday learning a new-to-me program now that I'm dealing with a different job assignment. Turns out my colleagues had neglected to tell me I needed to add new information (and how to do so), which was kind of the key to figuring out how it worked. I decided to pass that on to others in my group on the off-chance they had the same issue, and suddenly I've become a "subject matter expert" in something I'd never used a few days ago. So that made me feel pretty cool. I also straightened out some nonsense involving my medical flex-spending account card; they were going to suspend it, and it turned out to be that I owe them $8 or so over a purchase they couldn't verify. So a check is now in the mail, and I can keep paying for all my future medical appointments. Frustrating that they couldn't just say "You owe us $8, please send a check," but that's not the way these big corporations work. The way they work is apparently via PowerPoint, like so:



Via BoingBoing.

0 comments: