Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

Today I learned another lesson in "go with the flow and stop having expectations" at work when, just as I was getting ready for my last photo day, this one at the old formerly-Rothstein Kass office, I received an email asking me to return to HQ and my old floor there (remember, I moved a couple weeks back) because the managing partner's admin had jury duty and her backup (i.e., my successor) was on vacation. I quickly trained the admin with whom I had planned to spend at least a couple hours and hightailed it across town, where I spent the day next to my old desk but not being able to answer my own phone or get at any of my stuff in my current temporary space. It was like the old George Carlin "stuff" routine, when you pack a suitcase going on vacation but then a bunch of friends want to go somewhere else so you pack a smaller version of that, and so on. Basically I had my laptop and hip pack. I also did a bit of work for my former partner whose admin took Passover off. I remember when I used to do that. Here's a nice bit about how to make your seders nerdier; I could have used that as a kid, I think.

0 comments: