Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, March 17, 2017

Sily Site o' the Day

Top o' the somethin' to you! The St. Patrick's Day parade, combined with the snowpiles that still haven't melted because it's been so cold, made for a less than optimal Manhattan commute this afternoon, but I'm home now, as caught up as I can be with work considering I'll be remote on Monday and possibly Tuesday when I visit Mom, and with a clean desk area that won't be my desk area for much longer as they're moving me. I suppose I couldn't remain untouched for long, considering how quickly things change at my firm, but I'd thought I'd made myself so invaluable doing so many things that they'd find it easier for me to stay in the post I loved than relocate me. Alas, not to be. I get to keep a couple of projects, but not my favorite one (photo day), and I'll be working on a much quieter floor so I'll have to relearn voice modulation and get used to a new set of people I'll be supporting. But for now, it's the weekend, the snow might start to melt, and I'm content. Although it does bug me that the latest Simon's Cat is only the first in a series:



Whatever happened to "done in one?"...

0 comments: