Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

I really did need to beware the Ides of March, as not only are the boots and cleats starting to negatively impact my left foot again, but a bombshell was dropped on me in the form of being informed that I've been reassigned at work, meaning everything I've built up over the last two-plus years, all the projects I've owned, will be passed on to someone else, while I do decidedly non-project work that I'm not really anticipating with enthusiasm. But you know, same firm, same salary, etc. etc., so I go where they tell me. Just when I get comfortable and set for the rest of my career and really, really loving my day-to-day job, they yank it out from under me. I'm sure there's an object lesson in there somewhere. I don't think "forward into the past" is exactly it, but I did get a kick out of this HP ad:



Via Laughing Squid.

0 comments: