Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, February 13, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

The morning commute was, as feared, very difficult, but Robin managed to get me and my laptop onto the bus, and I was somehow able to get it from there to the office to my workstation. It helped that I have a nifty new iPhone SE whose battery doesn't mysteriously drain every time I take a photo or look at it in cold weather or play Pokemon GO. Took them all of five minutes to get my work email and work-related apps onto it, and I'm getting the hang of"touch, then press to open" fingerprint technology, which fortunately is not superseded by my alphanumeric security code the firm requires me to have. By lunchtime I was able to limp outside to refill my commuter card, now that they've repaired the elevator access to the subway station. By end of day I was limping at a much faster pace. Tonight I'm wearing an old work shoe (with a new plantar orthotic) on my left foot and a slipper on my right, in the hopes that helps heal the, er, heel even more. I can almost see the light at the end of this tunnel. But ah, will it be filled by London Rock?



Via Laughing Squid.

0 comments: