Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, January 13, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, it was certainly Friday the 13th! I thought I'd luck out, but my orthopedist gave me the boot instead, literally. The good news is that the x-rays showed everything is normal with my foot. He doesn't even think it's arthritis, but darned if he knows what the pain is. So I'll be wearing one of those protective boots for the next two weeks to "calm down" the area and stabilize things a bit, and I'll see him again on the 27th to see how things are going. Tricky to walk in the boot, and it does cut into my calf a bit, but I don't think I'll need the cane with it. It also appears I'll be taking a cab to see my diabetes doctor on Tuesday, as there's no way I can do subway stairs (one stairwell wouldn't be bad but there's a train change involved). Ah well, this too shall pass. Let's have some Numberwang, shall we?



Via Mark Evanier. I recognized one fellow (David Mitchell) from QI, but don't know the others.

0 comments: