Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Silly Site o' the Day

Now that I've cleared that "beginning my 60th turn around this world" hurdle, things seem to be looking up. A small leg cramp this morning seems to have released much of the pain I've been feeling this last couple of weeks and, aside from a little lingering annoyance in the big arthritic toe, I'm more or less walking normally now. Which gave us the opportunity to do all our errands (including the yearly sojourn to buy holiday cards) today and left us free to plan a nice anniversary outing tomorrow. Not only that, but I've finished my ironing and have enough tops to wear through the next three weeks (after which we go on a 1-week break), so we can lay out the holiday table tomorrow morning and start looking to decorate it. Good job Chanukah and Christmas coincide this year, I don't think I'd have been ready to light candles before now! And right now we're getting into the holiday spirit by watching It's A Wonderful Life and marvelling at all the ways in which our president elect resembles Mr. Potter (only I'd sooner take Lionel Barrymore's character as president, at least he's shrewd). Next up sometime this month, I hope they rerun Desk Set, which puts me in mind of this:



Via Laughing Squid. And now, back to Zuzu's petals...

0 comments: