Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Silly Site o' the Day

The day didn't start off all that well - the worst calf cramp I've ever had woke me around 3 AM and wouldn't quit. I estimated at least 90 seconds, and it just kept escalating. Finally stopped and I tried to get some sleep, only to have another cramp in the same leg 45 minutes later, this time the hamstring. I'm guessing it was the cold. Over 12 hours later and it's still sore. I've just taken ibuprofen and put on winter socks and am hoping for the best, crossing my fingers there will no painful surprises tonight.

I'm burnt out on sorrow for the people in Belgium and Istanbul and Ankara. And I'm just angry at those who would stoke the flames by declaring an entire community guilty and worthy of de facto interment. But then, we haven't learned much in the last year, have we?



Via PZ Myers.

0 comments: